1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mac3897, Feb 18, 2005.

1. mac3897

mac3897 Member
    from MA

Greetings all. I just traded in my 7.5 foot MM2 plow (and truck ) for a new 2005 Chevy2500HD with an 8 foot MM2.

It hasnt snowed yet so I can not say if this would affect the usabiltiy of the plow. Here goes...

When the plow is raised I can move the blade angle left and right by about 12-18 inches or so in both directions.

Also when the plow is in the "float" position i can push the lifting arm down by hand (i know this is normal) but I can also pull on it to lift it up.

This seems a bit strange to me.
    Can anyone offer any tips? Would air in the lines cause these symptoms?

Thanks
    MAC

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Its more than likely air in the system. Fisher switched to a low friction cylinder and it takes some time to work the air out. You can try and work the air out by running the plow side to side several times with the plow lowered or you can try "cracking" the hose at the power unit ot help vent any air.