1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BJH Snow, Jan 2, 2005.

1. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Hello,

I have an 8' Fisher Conventional unit on a 96 Ford F250 and Last night while out plowing ice and snow, my plow worked great for about an hour and after that, the I could move the plow to the right, up and down but on occassion it would stick when I tried to move it to the left. If I went outside and shook the plow by hand, It would again work towards the left. I checked to see if I had my chains in the way or anything else that may be in the way and couldn't find anything. You guys are pros, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
    BJH SNOW

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

If by conventional you mean non minute mount then check your system for ice in the fluid, dirt in the fluid, etc.
    Make sure there is absolutly no wat the carry chain can be getting in the way- mine did last year and it took me the better part of a storm to figure out what the issue was- a bungie cord fixed it.
    Check the linkage to make sure your opening the valves all the way and the linkage is not loose.

If a MM check your electyrical connections that is 90% of the problems.

3. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Thanks for your input Justme, I will drain change my fluid again and see if that helps. I already have my chain out of the way with a bungee cord. I did that last year.