1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Pump And Risoivore Under Hood?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cornbinder, Jan 11, 2007.

1. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i just bought a 1989 dodge 3/4 ton with a diesel, the guy i bought it from bought the truck in 1993 and told me he went and bought a brand new fisher plow for it and had it in installed.it's the set-up that has the pump and resivore under the hood and run from a belt off the crank. is that possible that that plow set-up was still available in the 90's?? are those plow set-up's any good as far as reliability?? i don't know anybody that has ever had one. later, pete

2. LON

LON Senior Member

That style was available up until '97. It is a good set-up IMHO. Just remember that the newest Fisher oil is NOT designed for the underhood units, its' flashpoint is too low.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

good old system and reg old atf for oil.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That is the most reliable system ever made. A more powerful and expansive engine driven hydraulic system is what is found in all the state type plow trucks. The Fisher belt drive setup was just a simple version of this.

5. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

I've had that sysstem on my 93 ford since day one. Very little problems even today. The system will outlast my truck I think

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ran the conventional Fisher for many years but was told around 1999 that the newer trucks couldn't use them because of airbag deployment sensors & whatnot. Being lost under any car or truck hood, I couldn't dispute that and ultimately went to the Minute Mount. I liked the power behind hydraulics. I can't complain about the newer MM's & MM2, but I wish I didn't have to get rid of the older style (wish I kept the truck!)

~Kevin

7. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You were given a line in order for the dealer to sell a Minute Mount package that was easier to install. This came down from Fisher, as I was told the same thing when I was installing, to sell the electric pumps as they were faster installs.

Today I outfit every truck I can with a Minute Mount plow and belt drive hydraulics or central hydraulics.

8. hugger94

hugger94 Junior Member

Hey Flipper,

Any chance you could get me some Fisher dealers in your area that might possibly have the Fisher convention mount kit HPS4595B 88 -91 F250 7.3L?

Thanks hugger94

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

A lot of dealers are beginning to scrap the fisher conventional parts as there just isn't much of a demand for it anymore. I would be surprised if you found it at dealer and i'm sure other guys on here would benefit from it if you found a dealer that had it! So definitely let us know what you find out!