1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rcwwoody, Dec 22, 2008.

1. rcwwoody

rcwwoody Junior Member
    from ct

I have a Fisher MM2 worked fine for the entire big storm. Then during the small snow fall to follow it started sticking. If I tilted left it would go all the way left and then i could still hear the motor winding. It does the same in all directions. Every thing works but it is continually running even if i shut the truck off i can hear the plow motor running. It gets really hot if i let it go so i just unplugged it. Any ideas, i am new to the plow world but pretty handy, thanks.
  2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

dieelectric grease everthing and you should be fine i had a mm1 did the same thing over the course of the night sluch and ice get in there and short everything out if that doesnt do it swap out contollers and see what happens
  3. rcwwoody

rcwwoody Junior Member
    from ct

Plow problem

Thanks i will give it a shot

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

sounds like you have sticky motor relay. time to replace it
  5. rcwwoody

rcwwoody Junior Member
    from ct

plow relay

Thanks for your help
    I found one on the net for pretty cheap, $14, gonna grab one at lunch and replace it.
    Goos luck Plow Guy