1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by szxjw3, Dec 1, 2008.

1. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

I have a fisher 8' plow with the newer power pack hyd unit. THe problem I am having is the plow will lift, But it will not angle. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks Ron
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely the S2 valve isn't being opened for one reason or another. Check it for magnetism while a helper presses the angle right or left functions on the controller. BE VERY CAREFUL OF BLADE MOVEMENT WHEN YOU DO THIS. If you do have magnetism, then remove the valve and check to see if the internal spool is stuck by pushing on it with a small screwdriver.
  3. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

Like B&B said .
    Also a good complete cleanout of the hydro system may resolve it too. Lots of crap could be in the lines or manifold and it doesnt take too much crud to cause blocks or bad valve operation.
    Good Luck
  4. picc53

picc53 Junior Member

what happens if it does not have any magnetism
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then you need to start backtracking the wiring to figure out why you don't. Start at the coil and check for good ground. Then for 12V power when the respective function is pressed. If you have no power at the coil then it's best just to head right to the connector on the controller and check to see if the 12V signal is even being sent from the controller. If you have it at the controller connector, but not at the coil then you know it's a problem somewhere between the two...so then you start checking pins in the grill connector and tracing the harness checking for broken wires.

If you do have both power and ground at the coil but still no magnetism then the coil is bad.
  6. picc53

picc53 Junior Member

I will try that out and let you know how I make out thanks for the help