1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmc93, Jan 15, 2005.

1. gmc93

gmc93 Junior Member

Just got a truck with a Fisher plow on it. The plow was used about ten times a year and sat idle for one winter before I got it. There are two problems. One is that when the hydraulic fluid is warm, I have to rev the engine over 3000 rpm's to raise the blade. When the fluid is cold, the blade will raise with the engine idling (pump wore out?). Both angle cylendars are sluggish too. When I lower the blade, it drops like a ton of bricks. I'm no expert but this doesn't seem right. The other problem is that the blade will not stay up. Once again, not a problem cold but when warm, I have to pull over, put the truck in park and rev the blade up about every two miles. We're expecting another nor'easter tomorrow night and I'd like to have this problem fixed by then if it's possible. Are there any adjustments that could cause and cure this problem?
  2. Gene L.

Gene L. Junior Member
    from CT

a couple of things, 1st, change fluid, next you might hav a bad seal if plow is dropping by itself. buy a rebuild kit, it will give all new washers and seals. I dont think you have a bad pump.