1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rondoga, Dec 28, 2004.

1. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

I have a fisher minute mount (1999 i think)
    its been in the shop 2 times in last 2 storms
    same problem plow stops working
    it angles to the right and thats it.
    will not move. cant lift nothing .

shop flushes the system check out
    it works for about an hour (over 300 bucks)

any ideas????

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Sounds more like a electrical prob,not a fluid problem.Maybe a bad ground? check all your connections

3. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

not electical

If i reverse the lines it angles left

I think its a bad check valve but the shop said no

4. chris k

chris k Senior Member

There is a filter at the bottom of the pump that should be cleaned. I would think that the shop would have cleaned it when they flushed the fluid (especially for $300), but you never know. I have had similar problems with mine and it ended up being the filter.

5. osbo68

osbo68 Member

It sounds like a stuck soleniod to me. Probably the S2. Click on the fisher link up top. Go to the tech section and click on guides. Then mechanics. It will give you a choice of blade. You should probably click on straight blade then SEHP for power options. You can download there mechanics manual. It is really acurate and has a great trouble shooting guide in it. Just be sure to do it all step by step so you can eliminate all possibiltys. Good Luck :salute:

6. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

i bet your right

7. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

fixed it

:) stuck s3 valve thanks :D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004