1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dodgegmc1213, Dec 30, 2013.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 8' mm1 with a insta-act system, 3 wire connection, 4 port module in the truck. since I bought the plow a few years ago it never worked correctly. it operates but VERY slowly, when I raise the plow it sounds like it wants to die, the motor and pump is very loud, motor gets really hot. I replaced the motor, took the pump off cleaned it as well as all the cartridges, put fresh fluid in and nothing. breathers fine everything else is fine, im lost. if any help would be appreciated as this is my spare plow and my main plow broke down a few times already.

my other question is would the old powerpack system work with my 3 wire 4 port module setup?

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

clean plugs and connections first. check all the grounds on the plow and truck

3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

Grounds are good the plugs are all brand new