1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow pricing

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jaymunn, Dec 18, 2011.

1. jaymunn

jaymunn Junior Member

I have noticed that Fisher is very tight lipped about their pricing. I have been searching around the net and even when I click onto dealer sites, for price it has $0. I am sure that doesn't mean free, lol. Does anyone know what the price of a Fisher SD series 7'6" wide is priced at? Also, any idea what the bumper notching will look like on my 2011 Chevy Avalanche?
  2. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

3600 to 4200
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I see your from Fredericton, Call City Springs on Gibson street or Parts For Trucks for pricing. I think City Springs gives the best service when it comes to fixing plows over P.F.T on Fisher plows.
  4. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

here in jersey for my 2010 gmc canyon i was quoted 4600 installed
    thats why im waitin till after the season to get one.
    ill run the blowers this yr then next yr ill up grade
    also the boss 7ft6 sport was 4200 installed.
  5. bleacher43

bleacher43 Member
    from MA

Get the Boss...
  6. jaymunn

jaymunn Junior Member

I like the trip edge on the Fisher. With the boss, the whole blade trips forward. I think Fisher has the better design?
  7. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

the boss trip edge is just the cutting edge. At least thats what it was on my dads plow. Worked great.
  8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Boss does offer a 7'6 trip edge plow, not sure if Boss recommends it for the Avalanche or not.

Boss plow cost more money than Fisher, I checked last Friday on Fisher prices and they are close to what you will pay in Maine while the Boss dealer is still selling for a lot more money. On some plows the difference between the two can be around a thousand dollars. Unless you get a Boss in Houlton Maine from Military Street Automotive and bring it across the border.