1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow parts distributer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ducaticorse, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Was wondering if any of you favor a specific supplier? I am going through my plows this week, and have already decided to replace a seal, and a set of rams on one. Two maybe three need new cutting edges. I would like to find a "less expensive" shop that doesn't victimize last minute and emergency type clientele.
  2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Central parts warehouse I buy all my stuff the locals by me are to far away and expensive.
  3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I wounder how much it is to ship a 9, 8, and 7.5 ft cutting edge? Thanks for the tip BTW.
  4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Depends on how far they are shipping, but my guess (using past experience) says that you're looking at minimum $30 but more likely $45-$60 each for UPS ground. If they ship together by truck, you might be able to get them all for about $100, but you will need to meet the truck to unload them. IMO cutting edges are usually a toss-up between ordering from a discount place or buying at a dealer that stocks them. Might be worth the couple extra dollars just to keep the business relationship with a dealer for when you need help in those "emergency" cases. Not to mention the return shipping cost if you somehow get the wrong cutting edge. ...
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on where you are located, Quality Truck & Equipment is usually pretty reasonable. With a bigger order like that they'll probably cut you a deal on shipping. They're really nice people there.

TJSNOW Senior Member

Why not buy local????...If not...Check out Ash supply....ashsupply.com.....Thumbs Up