1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow on a 2008 F350 CC....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PRAM, Oct 13, 2008.

1. PRAM

PRAM Member
    from toronto

Has anyone mounted a fisher on a 2008 Superduty? If so which plow and comments appreciated.

2. karol

karol Senior Member

superduty

Go to picture forum and you can see my set-up under ford truck pics. It's my first v so I can't comment on it but i'm sure it will be just fine.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  3. DJMAUCTION

DJMAUCTION Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like the DD V plow .. it works and does the job with no hassles, the mount is thick and strong, theres no wireless remotes to loose. or drop
    no fancy mounting with hydrolics or electric, it just works and has not failed me in 3 seasons, the 07 250.

and today when I picked up my plow, I had a new dealer led mag light in a gift box sitting on my console. that was kinda neat.....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  4. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I'll have to agree with the above comment, although I've not gotten to use the XtremeV yet it really is a
    very stout & solid plow. Installing it isn't too bad either, the worst part is getting the pivot pin in place. And if you are installing it yourself there's a mod you have to place behind the driver headlamp, it has two fuses coming out from it. I recommend you extend the fuses to a spot that is more accessable than given. If need be you don't want to have to take the damn headlamp off to change a fuse in the middle of plow time. That being said, I recommend the Fisher/Ford 350 marriage.

5. karol

karol Senior Member

Nice blade. How is the backdragging on these blades? Can i skip the backdragging blade?

6. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

ive got an 08 f550 with a 9 foot S S xblade the onlly thing i can recomend is to do the fuse mod i had to take my headlight out in the middle our worst storm for the year 21 in 24 hours needless to say its a ***** after all was said and done my problem was a shorted out blinker on the plow caused plow to not work i found this out after changing controllers fuses and modules i was not happy anyways it kicks butt

7. PRAM

PRAM Member
    from toronto

Thanks for the insight..much appreciated!
    BTW do you have a back up truck and/or plow?
    I am concerned that I might need to add a vehicle with a plow for the just in case scenario???
    Also if you know anyone selling a used plow let me kow!

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have an XLS on my 08 and love it. Its one of those things that once you own it you don't know how you ever lived without it. I got it in early Jan. of last year and it preformed well beyond my expectations.

9. DJMAUCTION

DJMAUCTION Member

I found no problems back dragging with the v blade, and being able to change the size "v,scoop" makes it very handy it tight corners, head into a corner in v and back drag, its so efficient.