1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow on a 2007 powerwagon questions/fitment

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 07powewagon, Jan 17, 2015.

1. 07powewagon

07powewagon Junior Member

Ok so I don't need anyone saying I can put a plow on a powerwagon...I'm doing it either way. I have extensive front end upgrades to my truck including 2.5" diesel lift springs (good bye articulation). So to my questions ...I have push plates 7170-1 they say they fit 03-06 but I don't see why I can put them on my truck...do I need to modify these at all or will they fit? I'm taking the winch out for rebuild anyway so while I am at it I am milling the bracket down to allow for the push plates and plow to be mounted. Will I have a number clearness issue with the 7170-1 push plates? Is there anything I can modify to make them work without notching the bumper? Any advise wold be useful at this point. I work at a machine/fab shop so I am more than capable of welding/modifying if need be but I'm looking for the easiest way possible

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

You also have to remember you need 29-1/8 between the pushplates center to center and yes you must notch or remove the air dam for clearance to mount the plow

3. chevyzrule810

4. 07powewagon

Air dam is already off (that plastic piece of **** on the bottom of the bumper???) Ripped off on a stump...so it should bolt right up with the winch out even tho its a 2007 using the 03-06 push plates?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  5. chevyzrule810

6. 07powewagon

OK thanks for the help.

7. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

the difference from 7170-1 and 7170 -2 is the rear gusset to make the 7170-1 fit ur trk on each push plate on the side that the cross member is on theres a front and rear gusset u need to cut/shave down the rear gusset on both sides and they'll fit IF u don't that rear gusset on both side will hit

8. 07powewagon

I might just do that since I'm into the push plates and harness 300 bucks already

9. 07powewagon

Will I need to take off the tow hooks to clear the head grear?

10. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

I think alot of your questions can be answered by jacking up your truck and holding the push plate up to the frame and go from there. Not trying to be a smart ass but for an 07 truck I wouldnt bother fabbing anything,just buy the right brackets and be done with it. I thought someone in your other post had the right ones for $300. Just sell the other ones to get back what you can. If you brought your truck with you when you went to buy the $100 plates you would have known if they would have worked

11. 07powewagon

First off I didn't buy the ones from the oth er thread for 100$. I found they weren't even close to fitting my truck. I then bought what I was told were 7170-2 push plates for 300 bucks (not the ones from the guy in the thread) that would fit my truck...but I could not hold them up to the frame as my truck Has 400lb hidden winch in the ******* way. When I got home I droppedy factory winch for rebuild and found that the push plates fit...almost. the guy sold me 7170-1 push plates look almost identical to the 7170-2. Now because the winch mounts into the same place as the push plates I need to modify both so I can have my winch and a plow on at same time, so I'm in the process of just modifying the 7170-1 to fit my 07 as I would be cutting up the push plates anyway. I may end up buying the 7170-2 ones anyway but even if I do I need to modify them. Also I may have an issue with my electronic swaybar disconnect hitting as well, but i will deal with that latter if it becomes an issue.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  12. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

If you end up needing them let me know. I'm flexible on the price. I can also get you as many pictures as you want/need.

Chris

13. chevyzrule810

Do you really use a winch a lot? I usually see them on trail trucks.Since you work at a fab shop why can't you make a bracket for the winch to be on that locks into the push Plates?Do a quick connect wiring and that's it.