1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow on 89 Ramcharger help??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ejtmopar, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ejtmopar

ejtmopar Junior Member

Anyone have a fisher plow on a late 80's ram or ramchager with the pump? Can you shoot me a picture of your pump and brackets? I just picked up an 89 ramcharger, i have a complete fisher set up for it (from an older truck) but after looking it over i see im gonna have issues with the a/c comp and newer style alternator. I can loose the a/c, its just gonna be a yard truck. Is there a different alternator bracket for trucks without a/c, maybe it will lower the alt a bit so i can get my plow pump in there...??? thanks for any help

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me!
  2. ejtmopar

ejtmopar Junior Member

After looking at a diagram offered on the fisher site looks like i can leave all the stuff on there, just have to either buy the correct mounting bracket or make on up... I think i can make it work tho..

RODHALL Senior Member

here is pic of the one on my truck

http://www.cacuda.com/Plow 886/DSC02128.JPG

that is meyers pump but the fisher pump can be mounted in the same area.
    Also it makes it hard as **** to check the PS Fluid.......

There is no differance in ALT brackets between a truck with AC and without the belt is just shorter. some Small block cars had lower mounted alt on them (aspen volare and Diplomat)

some of the 70's trucks had high monted PS pump that was mounted where the AC is on mid late 80's trucks