1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow moving slow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turfcat75, Jan 16, 2001.

1. turfcat75

turfcat75 Junior Member

i have a fisher minute mount 7 1/2 i just got the plow,well
    its seems too be alot slower than my conventional plow setup i had on my other truck(minute mount is on 1997 1500
    anyways,i took it too the plow place and they tighten the belts and ran new fliud in it,i got it back today and seems too be the same speed,they said my pump wasnt bad,
    Is there a tip on speeding this plow up?something i should check?

2. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

I'm not positive on this. I have a 99 Fisher MM. The dealer said 6 or 8 seconds from side to side and I belive 4 seconds up/down. My frind bought a 2000 said it seemed sooo slow, but he was used to a western, Fisher is definitly not as fast but a much, much better plow, thats just my opion.

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Not an expert on the subject,but we do have a Fisher in the fleet.Our plow was moving real slow,one day while at the dealer he adjusted something and now it is fine.Couldn't tell what he did the driver was in the waiting area.If your dealer doesn't know what is wrong email me and I will call mine. Good luck! Mike

4. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

We use clutch pump tu run our fisher plows. It was necesseray with our hydraulics pro-wings added on it (5 cylinders per plow). all move are quick. and if snow stick in it, you can shake the plow but usually all goes off by the kick at the end of the raise.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

4 Saisons
    Do you have any pictures of your wings? I would like to see some if possible. Interesting how you came up with the same idea Blizzard did 5 years ago.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

There is a screw that adjusts the QUILL.
    You will have to find, and adjust as needed.
    Dino

7. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

sorry i don't have picture, neither scanner or digital cam. I'll try to find if had a friend with this gadget and post the pics.

a lot of plower use hydraulics pro-wings in my area and most of them buy it at our fisher dealer. (they made this pro-wing)

to have good result, the edge can travel for fews inches and it is downpressure by a spring. scrape good and go over obstacle. we use t1 steel grade for the pivot pins (greasable), this part need to be strong enough, otherway if you hit somethings, you gonna twist that pins.

so i'm gonna try to post some pics.

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 01-17-2001 at 08:07 PM]

8. Mark Oomkes

Thanks. Like almost everyone else, I think th Blizzard is a great concept, I just don't think theirs is going to work or last or be cost effective.

9. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

do you have a link for blizzard web site, never heard about them !

10. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

11. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

12. Mark Oomkes

I think I need to broaden my language skills. Looks pretty slick though. Better than a Blizzard.

13. nysnowman

nysnowman Junior Member

turfcat,if your pump is outside on the frame i can email
    you some pictures from my manual that tells you how to adjust the plow.Im not sure you have the same system as i do because you said the dealer tightened up your belts.Im asuming you have a belt driven pump then.But let me know,ill see if i can help you.

14. turfcat75

turfcat75 Junior Member

i just had my plow setup serviced,but still seems slowwwwwwwww,its a minute mount ....my old one was a conventional fisher setup,if i adjust the cables will it increase the speed,anybody??

15. Mike Nelson

Turfcat,
    I talked with my dealer and they told me,if the motor is a three plug ? 1) take the motor off 2)should be a 1/8 inch allen screw (I think in the pump)3)undo it and underneith that is a ball and spring 4)take the spring out and throw it away5)replace ball and screw and electric motor.
    Now I hope that is your problem.
    Good Luck!

16. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

what does 3 plug moter mean,the phillips head screws that are around it?

17. Mike Nelson

John,
    I really don't know.You can call Hudson River and ask for Kevin.(845)454-7669

18. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks Mike,I hope your ready for tonight,its supposed to come dowm heavy.Im glad its SAturday,commercials arent busy,employee lots only have security cars in them,and not as many drivers on the roads.

19. nysnowman

nysnowman Junior Member

Turfcat,Idont thinfk you have cables.My minute mount is a 95 and the joy stick is all run by electric.no cables on mine.How would you ever unhook it.