1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow mounts?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Frank Alguire, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Frank Alguire

Frank Alguire Junior Member

A couple years ago I got a '68 Scout with a 6 1/2' Fisher plow. I figure the plow is a '68 too. The Scout finally gave up the ghost this year, and I was looking for another 4 wheel drive to plow our long rural driveway. I just picked up a '91 Cherokee, straight 6 standard, and need to get this old Fisher plow mounted on it. So I called the Fisher guys locally I deal with and they could not help me.

So, home fabricator and welder that I am, I guess I will have to make my own mounts. I am in great hopes that I won't have to re-invent the wheel, and maybe one of you fine folks could offer some advice, suggestions, diagrams, schematics, pictures, etc. that would help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Frank

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

3. Frank Alguire

Thanks!

That is very helpful. Looks like kind of a job to fabricate all this stuff, but we'll see what I can do.

Thanks again.

Frank

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Might be easier to find something close and then modify it. Lots of old Fisher frames pop up on ebay. Get something with the same close frame width and maybe cut of old mounting points and fab new one. Most important is to have aframe sit level about 10" off ground. I have modified a few mounts in this way and gotten years of trouble free service.

5. Frank Alguire

Flipper - Frame height?

You suggest "Most important is to have aframe sit level about 10" off ground."

What frame, or part of the frame are we talking about? Plow frame? Front Jeep frame? Sure would appreciate a little help here, neophyte that I am with this stuff.

I can handle fabrciation no problem, good at welding etc., just need some guidance.

Pretty soon I'm gonna bring the Scout into my shop and remove the plow. From there. I need to look at how it was attached to the Scout, then look at how I can do that with the Cherokee. The Jeep does not ever have to have the plow come off, as it will be just a plow vehicle.

Thanks!

Frank

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

7. Frank Alguire

Thanks!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Thanks for the lead, that will be a big help. I have some problems with my hot rod right now, and as soon as I get that figured out, I'll pull the old Scout in the garage and start tearing the old Fisher plow stuff off it. I'll take plenty of pics!

Take care and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Frank