1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Mounting

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by The Grassman, Oct 24, 2003.

1. The Grassman

The Grassman Member

I want to put a plow on my truck sometime this year or next. I have a problem i have a bumper thumper ( you will see in the pics) i want to be able to put it back on when the plowing season is over due to the fact that it and the lights were expensive. I was told from a Fisher dealer here that i wont be able to use this bumper thumper anymore. I have optional hardware that came with it for if my truck had tow hooks on it, so i might just be able to use those instead of the current mounts. I dont know how the plow frame fits to the chassy your help would be appreciated.

front of truck.jpg
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Your "bumper thumper" is indeed currently in the way of the plow mount location,it is certainly possible to fab up a mount after the plow mounts are on so you can use that in the off season.In short,the plow mounts bolt up using your tow hook hole as well as a few others on the side of the frame rail and underneath the rail so it's either remove the mounts every spring or fab a custom mount.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Mount your plow first,then have someone fab up some brackets to connect to the truck plow mount,and bolt on your light bar for the summer.