1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow mount holes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vmj, Jan 11, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Just wondering if any one has any input about this? I have a older minunte mount plow, on the end of plow A frame their are three mounting holes. Plow is set into frame in center mounting hole. wondering if i put it in lower hole would it scrape better and cleaner? i have a new cutting edge on. Seams like it's not cleaning as good as i see other lots..

Thanks, jeff

2. You might want to include some photos of the truck with blade down. Take several angles and full side view so people can see what your attack angle looks like.

3. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I find its actually better for the plow to set it in the bottom hole so the bottom of the springs are off the ground more. If the botttom of the springs start wearing down you will lose your springs.

4. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

You're "A" frame should be level to the ground with the blade down.

To ask what hole totally depends on tire size, lift kits etc. It's a universal plow so the holes only allow you to keep the "A" frame level.

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks, it's kind of showing that if i put it in loer hole it would be level.. but i wonder if i put it into upper hole would it tend to scrape better?

6. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

If you A frame is level lower hole, the upper hole would make the trip edge wear toward the rear and probably not scrape as well.