1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow minute mount not mounting easy

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by steff503, Dec 18, 2013.

1. steff503

steff503 Junior Member

I am having a real problem getting my plow on and off. it seems real easy but it never goes on or comes off without fighting with it.
    I can't find any videos of the process. The only videos i find are Minute Mount II, I have a minute mount.
    I follow the instructions but it seems as though there is always too much weight on the pins to pull them out.
    Then putting it back on the truck never seems to line up, it usually is too high for the pins to fit in.
    I know i am doing something wrong or in the wrong order.
    Please help.
    Steff

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

The mm1 was a PITA for sure. Make sure your plow is in float and the lift triangle is pushed all the way down. Then you have to push the headgear up while pulling the pins. We used to take a piece of 2x4 and wedge it between the moldboard and the headgear to help pull pins. The biggest thing is to place it somewhere that's fairly flat so it hooks up easily next time.

3. ppkgmsy

ppkgmsy Member
    from Vermont

You're not alone. The guys around here call it the "15 minute mount."

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know what you guys are doing wrong for MM1. If I get the truck lined up on the first shot and pull in, it takes me less than minute to hook it up. Have to be level and the triangle all the way down(you have to push it down from when you disconnected prior). This will allow you to walk in front of the plow and push the headgear towards the hood of the truck and as a result the pins will slide into their holes. I make sure the pins have grease on them.
    Pretty easy peasy.
    T.J.

5. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Yeah, when taking it off I just push the headgear back and forth while wiggling the pins. As for putting it on, everything lines up just fine for me. When disconnecting and I drop the foot, it's actuAlly between two holes when it hits the ground. The first few times, I forced the pin to catch the next-highest hole (leaving the plow slightly higher). That made it a little toughter getting it on. Now I just let it "click" into whatever foot-hole it wants to when I back up and I haven't had a problem since.

But I do have a question about the triangle. Are you guys able to push it down by hand? I need to actually climb on top and do a little stomping to get it down. Not sure if it's supposed to be that tight, I bought the plow used.

6. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have a three foot pry bar that I rest on the A frame and put the tip by the jack (there is a little lip there). A little push down on the handle and the pins come right out. Make sure you clean out any ice and snow on the A frame where the push plates mount. That can give you some headaches.

If it is in float mode, you should be able to push the triangle down fairly easily.

7. MetzEnterprizez

MetzEnterprizez Junior Member

When I take mine off, I drop the plow, get out of the truck and leave the door open. I walk around the door and hit it to float again and walk to the plow and push the triangle down. Easy peasy. I also have a 12x12x2 inch board that I put under the stand and it falls right in a hole. I don't think I want anything else as this is simple.

8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

easier to leave it on the truck and drive something else!...lol

9. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

fisher mount

I second the earlier post. Everyone that I know, who has a fisher plow, calls them a "15 minute" mount. I love the western mount!

10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Simple once you figure out how to mount them. :D

11. Boyerlandscape

Boyerlandscape Member

Used to be a pain. I got it down to a two min drill now. Drive up to it, push headgear up and manhandle the whole plow back a C H. so that it stays up because of the push plates. Hop in truck drive forward till it stops, pin (I use a framing hammer to persuade them in) plug n go. Removal is even easier, either a framing hammer again , pry between the pin n the frame...or use vice grips turn it back n fourth n it will work out.

I actually have my jack stand removed, kinda by accident BUTT it works even better. Use a floor hack where the jack would go to adjust height if you need to.

12. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

The key is to push the triangle down all the way before u disconect. That's easy to do if its in float mode. Rock the head gear to remove the pins & don't forget to lower the jack first. Once u master the right way to dismount, its a cinch to hook up next time. The key to lining up the pins is in the ability to rock the head gear against the truck. & don't forget to spray the pins down with some lube!
    Its so easy a cave man could do it!

13. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I'm glad that I don't have the trouble that you guys do. I just drive into the plow until the truck just starts to push it, hop out, set up the pins, and push the headgear up. Done. Takes me less than a minute.

14. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I don't have any trouble @ all! Its a breeze for me and I don't need no hammer or pry bar either.

15. MetzEnterprizez

MetzEnterprizez Junior Member

Me neither. No extra equipment or tools. Ill have to time it, but I bet its around a minute for me to do it on and off.

16. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

17. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ok I have a gripe about the truck in the video. Why do people mount a lightbar to the roof when there's a perfectly good back rack designed for that application?!?

I recall the MM's used to come with a steel bar to lever back the headgear, taking the weight off the pins. Any old bar would do the trick

18. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

And in a perfect world everyone would have a garage so you could drive into a level plow while on a level surface every time. That, however, is not reality!

19. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Jeez :eek:. Do I have to make a vidio puting mine on now. Mine lives outside and it goes on just as easy :dizzy:

20. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Have at it. I just love when people make videos to show "how easy" it is but the videos are set in the perfect conditions (ie., paved driveway or garage).