1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow lights

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Troy5061, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

The plow lights on my fisher speedcast are the original aluminum housing units, they are in quite a bad state. How hard is it to upgrade to the newer minute mount style plastic housing lights? Will I have to rewire the entire setup or can I just splice them in to the existing harnesses that go to the current lights?
  2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

If you can splice wires, you can install pretty much any plow lights you want on there, aside from HID lamps (which could be done with some additional wiring). Some of the newest Fisher/Western lights have 2-stud mounting, so you'd have to add some angle iron to the upright of your current plow frame for those. But those are the really newest style. Most plow light kits out there are of the same 1/2" single stud mount as the originals.

You could go with newer Fisher lights, or even an aftermarket kit. Just a sample of what's available: http://automotive.hardwarestore.com...n-bladelights-snow-plow-light-kit-101745.aspx

3. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Ok thats what I thought, ill just do a clean install with all the wiring that comes with it. Hardest part will be finding all the wires to tap into on the truck side. ie headlights and turnsignals plus im guessing ill have to tap into the multifunction switch.