1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Lights Staying On

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AJBFarms, Dec 5, 2015.

1. AJBFarms

AJBFarms Junior Member
    from USA

Hey Guys, New to this site. I have a 8' Fisher hd plow on a 09 GMC 3500 dump. The running lights on the plow seem to be staying on when the truck is completely off. The other problem is when the truck is on, we have no low beams, just high beams...could the staying on problem when truck is off be a ground issue? Not sure about the low/high beams either... Any suggestions would be great! Thanks guys!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

This a new install?

If not, any work done on the truck/plow since the last time they worked properly?

The more details, the better to narrow down the issue

3. AJBFarms

AJBFarms Junior Member
    from USA

This is not a new install this year, but new as of last year. No work was ever done to it after the install...

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know enough about GM products to give you credible help. Especially since it was working correctly at one point.

I was leaning to the headlight adapters because I believe GM change the pos/neg grounds around that year.