1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Light Problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DeereFarmer, Jan 3, 2006.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

All four of the parking and turn signal light are out on my MMI. The light on the truck are fine. All these light were just replaced. They went out one by one. not all at once. Over a day, they were all out! Could it be that there are wrong light bulbs in there causing them to fry?

2. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

I doubt that the wrong bulbs caused a problem. I think they're just standard 1157 bulbs.

Check the bulb sockets really well. On mine, I had to scrape the contacts inside each socket to get the corrosion off. I also had to give the sockets a little squeeze to make a good ground to the bulb base.

3. DeereFarmer

I'll scrape the contacts. What do you use? A screwdriver (when the plow is unplugged of course!). I will also check the lights as I might not have the correct ones. The guy at the autoparts store was not the brightest bulb in the box!;)

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

See if you have power at the grill plug. Assuming:eek: it's ele/hydra and not truck/hydra make sure there are still nine pins in the Grill connector. They could be corroded, missing or broken off.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I burn out 2 or 3 of those every season with no evidence of the cause. This is the 4th season with the issue- both left side 1157's are burnt out. Going to LED bulbs!

I have to guess it's simply the shock to the bulb from plowing- maybe the rubber mount points are worn out? (were there any rubber mount points?)

LED should fix it perminantly- several on Ebay.

6. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Check your pins at the grill connection! These always cause problems--What is the chance that all the bulbs blew?----I have replaced bulbs, but never all at once--one or two a year--possibly do to shock of pushing bankings back!

Best of luck--Think Snow!

7. DeereFarmer

I' give all of these a shot. I checked the grill pins and everything seemed to be OK, but that was in the dark! The weird thing is that they did not all go out at once, but over the course of a day. One went, a few hours later the another went, and so on.