1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow lifts to slow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Arctic boy, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Arctic boy

Arctic boy Junior Member

My brother just bought a fisher uni mount plow its only 6 months old .the dam thing lifts so slow and drains the battery .we put another battery in the truck but i works in the red range all the tim .i have a big gm alternator .is there any way to adjust the rate it lifts .
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Sounds like the motor or pump are not working right. I would try replacing all the fluid first. It may be dirty or have water in it. Plow should move faster under normal conditions and not drain the battery too much.
  3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Fresh fluid is a good idea anytime you're not sure of the history of the unit, even if it is only 6 months old.

Another thing you can check is the electrical connections from battery to pump, and don't forget the ground side of the circuit. Make sure they are clean and tight, and that the cables themselves are in good condition.
  4. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

What rob said,
    If that doesn't work, Have you tried the fisher web site? Or, since it's only 6 months old, the dealer it came from?