1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stuckydc, Dec 20, 2010.

1. stuckydc

stuckydc Junior Member
    from utah

I have a mm fisher plow that is giving me issues. I have changed selenoid and light source plug-in. I can connect the plow up and will have a relay click under the hood but nothing in the motor...no power. Ican get the plow to work and then after a few pushes the plow goes to the rt. (when pushing the button on the hand control to the left and it will knock to the rt and will eventually locked to rt.) and no left and i still have up and down for a while and then nothing no up/down left or rt. . I will wait a while, 20 minutes, and it will go a while and this am for 2 days nothing. Ground issues? It is not dependable and don't feel i can go anywhere...because don't know when it will fail. Fisher plow guys have no solutions????

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

SOUNDS like it coud be the motor, i had kinda of the same issue, my selenoid was new, connections we all clean ,and then it would thump, the power wire was getting warm. Then the plow worked fine for awhile, my helper had the truck, and it wouldn't do anything (last week). Took it to the dealer and the bottom part of the motor was all corroded. I hope that may help u

3. stuckydc

stuckydc Junior Member
    from utah

thanks yankee fan, I pulled the motor, it was pristine. I cleaned the battery terminal but still had issues. I found that it was the controller $300 take good care of those units...PRICE GOUGING. When I pushed the lt. control button it fouled the motor and opened 2 valves...I am GOOD for a while.. Clean terminals if it bangs or fouls 1st.