1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow install Help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigDave12768, Apr 24, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

OK I bought a used wire set up from one of these guys that go around buying up Fisher parts. He told me I have all the parts I need to install plow but a ground wire I will have to buy at a parts store. I tried asking this guy over and over where this ground wire goes to and from. He said its from Solonoid to motor. After 2 or 3 emails I figured out he meant motor mount bolt. But I still cant figure out what he means by grounding the solonoid. I even linked him back the PDF he had me look at becuase I already has some wires. But I bought a whole kit. Now I have every wire on page 9. And it looks like it failrly simple to install. What ground wire could he possibly be talking about that may or may not be on the is diagram. I only see 2 wires going to be grounded and they both are part of cables

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=80901&highlight=Boss+V

2. BigDave12768

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Seef you can PM B@B. He's the man you need to talk to.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

There is no other ground wire. He may be thinking of the older relay harnesses that ran a ground from the solenoid to the battery but that is acomplished in the harness that you have if it is like page 9. Just follow the diagram as it is and you'll be fine.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What Western1 says, follow the pic, theres no other ground wire that your missing.

6. BigDave12768

Thx I kinda thought he was off base with that extra ground wire. I followed every connection on my blue truck and couldnt find an extra one. I even printed out the mechanics guide So I know where every wire goes and looked at diagram over and over looking for an extra ground symbol. Thx for help. Hopefully it all works when I am done with it. It looks very simple 95% plug and play.

7. BigDave12768

Well I hooked up most of it today. But I ran out of time to finish it. I didnt do the headlight wires yet. No Biggie I will get them done tomorrow then head over and see if it moves my plow. . Any thoughts on where or what to grab power off of under dash for that red wire?

I think I know why that guy was telling me to run a ground wire. Some trucks have plastic fender wells.

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

No need to run the ground wire, the small black orange wire on the solenoid is the ground leg, it goes back into the harness and then joins with the black orange wire that you have to plug into the lead coming from the ground leg of the battery

9. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Like Crash said it is all accounted for in the harness. Remember the old days when we would use a little sand paper on the fender well to mount the solenoid? Am I really referring to the old days!;)