1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow, hole in blade (rusted)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lee1, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Lee1

Lee1 Junior Member

Hello, I have a 1993 minute mount fisher plow. Just bought truck and plow and noticed that it has rusted through a spot (hole). what do you guys think, clean it it up in the summer, paint and have hole patched or could I find a blade relatively priced! thanks in advance Lee1:help:
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My opinion would be to patch that one. I priced a new moldboard for my 9' and about had a heart attackpayup . I decided, for that, I could do a little grinding and painting (there are no holes, though). You might be able to find a used plow for the moldboard, but it would likely still be rusty/pitted and need some care.
  3. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Least expensive patch hole, next is to cut off sheet metal and replace (10 or 11 gage) we have done both over the years, depends how long you plan on keeping that rig.
  4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

grind all the rust out, weld it up, grind it smoth and repaint it. atleast thats what i have done in the past.
  5. Lee1

Lee1 Junior Member

Thanks guys, i appreciate the advice. Will grind the rust off and weld piece in and paint.