1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dss56, Jan 19, 2009.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I called a Fisher plow dealer in Salem MA. and asked about installing a RD 7.5 system. He told me he would not install on my truck a 2004 Dodge 1500 Quad with tow package. I know the reason but if you plug in all the # on the Fisher site about your truck up comes the RD blade or the poly Blade that will work on my truck. I also see other people on her getting plows on their Quad 1500. Also i called some other dealers Western, Curtis and Myers and they said no problem. Can someone explain about Fisher!!!! The reason I wanted Fisher is their RD blade is about 450lbs compared to other Regular duty setups.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i'm not sure how close the 2 trucks are but our dodge is a 1500 series 2001 quad cab with a factory tow package and our fisher dealer put a 7'6 regular duty on it no problem. last winter we upgraded to an 8' blade and haven't had any issues. is there another fisher dealer you could at least call up and inquire about getting it done there just to see what they say or maybe contact fisher directly and ask why their matching system comes up with that plow but the dealer wont install it?
  3. mtrombla08

mtrombla08 Junior Member

I have a 04 1/2 ton Silverado Ext. Cab and have a 7.5' stainless X-blade on it. Fisher only recommended the homesteader for my truck but i knew it could handle it. I put timbrens on the front and have not had a problem yet. We have had about 10 plows this year and my truck is holding up fine. I did put 300 pounds of counterweight in the bed and that seemed to help with the traction a little.
  4. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

Would any of you know about what price the 7.5 RD setup would be installed? One dealer said they would sell me the plow and I would have to Install my self. I did not get that price.

thanks for the replys

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i just looked it up and we paid $3788.75 back on 9/8/03. $288.75 of that was sales tax. her eit is a few years later so you have to believe it's gone up some. i know around here prices are cheaper in the off season so if you can wait until summer you may save a lil payup
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If your not hung up on a Fisher and new I'm putting together a refirbished Meyer MDII with a 7' blade, it will have a Remanufactured pump ( done by a Meyer Dealer), The 02-08 Dodge 1500 frame mounts,new plow side and truck side wiring, saber lights, new light modules, headlamp adapter plugs. controls, new angle cylinders, new hoses and fittings, blade is currently being sand blasted and painted and will have new decals, Total package $2750 + $350 for installation

Heres a few pictures of a recent 7.5' refirb I did for an 08 F150

These are the Dodge 1500 mounts

508 753 6617
  7. searay220

searay220 Member

There is another dealer in Dracut Ma on rt110 not far from 93/495. Franklin Motors good guys. Or you can try Portsmouth Ford in Portsmouth NH (no tax).
  8. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

theres also welch welding in chelmsford and jc maddigans in ayer.
  9. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

check sarris auto in waltham, never had anything hooked up there, but have been there for a lot of parts. usually loads of fisher set ups in the yard, havent been by there lately, but there are sure a busy place
  10. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

That 300 pounds of weight in your truck isnt doing too much for ya....rule of thumb is you need to atleast match the weight on the front of the truck..my plow setup is about 800lbs..I have 850lbs in my bed...traction cant be better unless I had a dually!
  11. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

You guys might have found Fisher dealers that would put plows on your dodge 1500's but that doesnt mean they are doing you any favors...Ive always heard dodge quad 1500s shouldnt have plows put on them..told they cant install...I know one of the guys down at Brake and Clutch in Salem. You might think they are stiffing you but what about 3 years from now and your frame starts to crack...you'd be happy then!...Sure, you might not see any immediate problems, and if your doing light work, might not ever, but tell me you wouldnt be pissed if your frame cracked and its all cause some dealer didnt care about what they were doing to a strangers truck..I prefer a dealer that gives a sh*t!!! Do what you will...good luck to you my friend....hope it works out for ya
  12. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member