1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jdanforth, Feb 12, 2007.

1. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

i have a 93 f250 with an 8 foot fisher plow,i cant seem to stop the plow from riding on the trip springs and shoe wholes.I just put a brand new cutting edge on it any ideas???the plow is mounted in the very bottom wholes .any info would be helpful thanks.:help:

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Its riding on the bottom spring brackets??so the blade is wikedly angled back?? wow, yea, kick the mounts up to the middle (or probably top hole) and angle that thing back up ( i think that should work).

3. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

so my idea of putting in the bottom was opposite??thanks I will give it a try,cool now that i think about it it makes sesne.

4. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

you had it right the first time - you want the bottom holes for more spring clearance

5. mcwlandscaping

I'm sorry, i had the wrong picture in my head.......kinda backwards. Very sorry!!

6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

We'll let it slide this time but if it happens again, you're gonna get a good stern talkin too mr:nono:

7. mcwlandscaping

i deserve it, shoulda thought about it some more....btw, where you at the PS new england get together? if so, what were you driving?

8. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

No wasnt there for the get-together. I live about a half mile from Billys shop, but didn't even know about it til the next day. Mr Adams got himself a good stern talkin to for that

9. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

got it fixed trip edge was bent badly lots of beating and gangin,let it snow.thanks for the imput guys,what a great bunch,keep up the good work:) :)

10. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Happy to hear you got it straightened out (pun intended) good luck man