1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Height When Raised

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Fusarelli, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Fusarelli

Fusarelli Junior Member

I have a fisher minute mount plow on a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500. Is there a specific height the plow should be off the ground when it's fully raised? Mine seems rather low, roughly 10 inches. When it's raised, the A frame comes within a half inch of touching the attachment arm, so if I were to shorten the lift chain, idk if it would go much higher, or if it would do some damage.
    FYI a, this is my first time owning my own plow, just got the truck with the plow over the summer. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

if its 10" from the bottom of the cutting edge id say ur just about right a good rule of thumb is if u have it angled all the way to one side and ur not touching the ground ur good
  3. Fusarelli

Fusarelli Junior Member

Ok I guess I'm good then, cause I know it definetly doesn't touch the ground when angled all the way. Im sure it's fine, it just seems like every other plow I see on the road sits a lot higher than mine.
  4. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

i have an older fisher that i thought sat awfully low as well but had no issues entering any lots.