1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow/harness ID

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kabungit, Oct 21, 2011.

1. kabungit

kabungit Junior Member
    from alaska

Hi, I bought an older fisher 8' MM1 plow with the v belt hydraulic pump. It came with the wiring, controls, everything except the push plates. I had planned to put this on a 2000 F350 but I have some work to do and more money to spend if I go that route. I have been trying to figure out what vehicle this setup is for but haven't had any luck.

I found some white tags on the wiring with part numbers but couldn't match them up at Fishers website. I read that Fisher made some revisions and marked them with white tags so I think this may be the situation. here are the tags:

The 12 pin plug (only 7 used)
    F8611
    REV: 2
    W/O 6433
    12/94

i'm guessing the other harness is for lights truckside:
    REV: A
    P-5740 FG
    04/14/2008
    W/O 574080414

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm beginning to think I may be better off re-selling this and getting something that is already electro/hydraulic. Thanks!!
    Chris

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

harness ID

Post some pictures of the headlight plugs on the harness for a quick and easy ID.

3. kabungit

kabungit Junior Member
    from alaska

pics of plugs

Sorry it took so long to get these pics...hope they are of some use. Thanks

plug1.PNG

plug2.PNG

4. jaybird

jaybird Member

not fisher plugs

5. jaybird

jaybird Member

will need alot to put on ur truck

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

7. kabungit

kabungit Junior Member
    from alaska

I looked at the diagram for the vehicle harness for the 7 pin and it shows 2 relays, one for hi beams one for low. Mine has two relays for each tail so possibly its the 88-95 Chevy??

Now i'm thinking my best option is to buy an older truck and mount the plow on that. Should fit on an 83 chevy 3/4 ton diesel much easier...?

8. cubicinches

If the plug in harness is indeed HB3/HB4, then that would be consistent with 88-95 Chevy.

9. kabungit

kabungit Junior Member
    from alaska

harness

I found another random plug in the box of stuff that was given to me. Here is a picture of it...pretty sure its the hb3 but figured i'd post it to be sure. Thanks for all the info. this is a major help

lightplug.PNG

10. cubicinches

That's HB1/HB5

11. kabungit

kabungit Junior Member
    from alaska

Looks like it likely came off an 80's or 90's Ford then?

12. cubicinches

They did use HB1/HB5 lamps