1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Guides 24 Or 28"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ferrarilou, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Ferrarilou

Ferrarilou Junior Member

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET PLOW GUIDES THAT MOUNT TO A FISHER SNOW PLOW (POST STYLE) THAT ARE LARGER THAN OEM ?? I WANT THE LARGER ORANGE ONES THAT ARE AVAILABLE, BUT I CAN NEVER SEEM TO FIND ONES THAT MOUNT USING THE FACTORY FISHER HOLES.
    THANKS!
    garbage@AccuRollOff.com

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

As far as I have seen they don't make them that use the factory holes in the giant orange style because the diameter of the giant orange ones is so much larger. I took a small steel plate (4 x 2 about 1/32 thick) and drilled 2 holes in it useing it as a spacer- mounting it to the factory guide holes then mounting the guides in that with the guides overhanging the edges of the blade. I tried aluminum and steel- woth work well but alimunum cracks sooner from the flexing.

I did lighted blade guides for a while and the mounting stud was too short to go through the blade.

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Yes fisher does make the orange ones that mount in the factory holes I just picked them up this past weekend. They are just like the aftermarket ones but have black caps on the top and a little fisher sticker wrapped around it. I also couldnt find them online but my fisher dealer had them.

They are called Commercial blade guides 24" long (which is just a little bigger then the stock ones)They mount right into the factory holes. part number 2653OK i believe. they cost me 27 dollars but seem well built i will get a picture for you if you need it

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Cool, my local used to carry the big orange, but they were the normal big thread- I'll look there myself.

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Heres a couple pics

fisher 1.JPG

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Its pouring out so i took them quick

fisher 2.JPG