1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow, custom lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by heckmanda, Apr 9, 2010.

1. heckmanda

heckmanda Junior Member
    from PA

I'm looking at adding some custom lights on an '09 Chevy Silverado with a Fisher plow. Anybody have helpful hints for how to make the lights come on when the plow is attached?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Toggle switch.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you want them to come on immediately when you attach the plow?

4. heckmanda

heckmanda Junior Member
    from PA

That's what I was thinking. If the iso module knows when the plow is attached, could I tap into that somehow to turn on strobes or extra lights. Probably not recommended by Fisher to break into their cables though... Just wondering if anyone else tried it.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You could tap into the Iso module, but I would only use it to trigger a relay. The wiring is pretty light.

Which is why I said

Plus, why wouldn't you want to use them when the plow is off the truck?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You have that ability now, it's called a headlight switch.

If you only want them to work with the plow attached don't attach the ground to the truck route it though the plow grounding system then you can wire it directly from the battery though Palmer's toggle switch without using a relay and it will only operate when you have the plow attached.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the lights are located on the plow I suspect they'll only work with the plow actually attached no matter how they're wired. :D

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We are assuming based on the OP's ambiguous statements they are on the truck and he wants them to work only when the plow is attached.

Dosen't really make any sense but we're trying to be helpful:cool:

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They'd have to be on the roof to be effective with the plow on.