1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Conversion

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DPoolman, Oct 15, 2006.

1. DPoolman

DPoolman Junior Member

I am wondering if there is such thing as a kit that i can use to convert a Hydraulic plow to the Electric over Hydraulic ... Any Ideas
    I have just purchase an 07 F 350 and want to use one of my plows removed from 99 Chev 2500. But i don't want all the hydraulics pump under the hood and all the jazz...There is no room for it anyway...My plows are in tip top shapes and i dont want to spend extra money buying another one..

2. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Are your plows Minute Mounts (1 or 2) or conventional mounts (i.e. lift frame is permanently attached to the vehicle)? If they're Minute Mounts, you can pick-up an electric pump set-up that attaches to the headgear. You'll also need the wiring for the pump and controller. Usually, you can find complete pump packages (i.e. pump, motor, cylinders), controllers, wiring, etc. on Ebay

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Yes Fisher does sell a whole Insta- Act hydraulic kit, comes with pump, three cylinders hoses and main power harness. You will also need to purchase a new module, and truck specfic harness, and controller.

I think you will be spending big bucks to swap your old plow over, you may want to consider,E -Baying your old plow and go new

4. DPoolman

DPoolman Junior Member

You guys we right. Definitly not worth it . Big bucks for nothing. Ended up buying a new one instead.
    Thanks for the info .
    Cheers