1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plow Controls

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PORTER 05, Dec 31, 2005.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

hey guys im new to this plow-site but ive been coming on and reading everyones threads for a few months and you all seem to know youre stuff. my name is Porter and i live on the north shore of mass...i owna landscape buisness....im 21.....ive got a question aboutone of my plows....its a 8 foot fisher MM...electric / hydrolic....so the problem is when i move the control the th right it wont move and ill do this maybe 3 or 4 times then on the 5th or so time itll move to the right then drop the the ground...but it only happens like every 1/2 hr to 45 mins....in a 7 hour peroid of plowing???...any questions,,,,thanks, ill post some pics of my trucks soon
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sounds like either a bad connection in the plugs between the truck and plow or a broken wire in the plug harness.

Clean and re grease the plugs with dielectric grease and make sure you use the cap as a retainer on the controll plug- see if that fixes it.

With that done have someone work the control while you CAREFULLY hold the plug solidly in the truck and wiggle the wire harness (WATCH OUT FOR THE BLADE)

These are known for wires breaking in the harness- Fisher sells a plug pigtail for replacement.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Its your Fishstick.

If you are using the Fishstick controller than that is your problem and it will only get worse. The printed circuit board underneath the buttons is starting to break. I know because I have gone through two.
  4. MooseHeadRider

MooseHeadRider Junior Member

I have the fish stick and had the same problem but it was the wiring harness. They had to replace both sides of it, meaning the plow side and the truck side. This is the control harness and not the light harness.

Where I went to have it diagnosed he did just what was suggested. I moved the control as he held the harness and moved it to tell if the wires were broken.

As I was sitting there waiting for them to fix it 2 other guys came in with the exact same problem. I was told that this is a common problem with those harnesses. The replacements are made better, supposedly, so it shouldn't happen again.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

This is why I just leave my plow on. Less stress on the harness.
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

harness gets moved with plow movement- everytime the headgear pushes back against the pushplates towards the truck. Not just plugging and unplugging- they should have made the harness a LOT more flexible and a couple of inchs longer.