1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow controller to meyeror toggles???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jdb7654321, Dec 4, 2013.

1. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

with a mm2 4 port iso straight blade is there any way to make toggle switches work instead of the fish stik or the joy stick controller? or can you use a meyer pistol grip controller in place? my dad got the plow but no controller. im new here so any help would be appreciated.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

No, Meyer does not use any valve function to go left. Therefor the meyer control does not send a valve signal for left. Fisher needs 2 valves energized to go left. Last time I checked the local shop here in enola had a used control for fisher. If not they should have a new one.

3. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

that's what I thought but my dad was insisting on making a meyer one work or using a toggle switch set up. looks like getting a used one thanks

4. jdb7654321

jdb7654321 Junior Member
    from york pa

update

my dad was able to make a controller with multiple push button switches and a project box. it takes 3 switches to go left two to go right and so on

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

It can be done with simple toggles. However you need diodes to do this. I made a diagram a couple years ago. I will see if i can find it.

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a PITA- why not use the controller the system was designed to use?