1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow control draging on up..help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by richardgilmore, Dec 26, 2004.

1. richardgilmore

richardgilmore Junior Member

when i bring the plow up It responds just fine but the pump coutinues to run for a few seconds..the stick in the cab works just fine ..and the drag seems to be coming from a box under the hood. any suggestions for a fix ..or the name of the component that might need to be replaced?? Thanks for your help...Dick

2. strawhead

strawhead Junior Member

Dick,
    Sounds like your solenoid....i might have butchered the name,but it sounds like it. IF it sounds like it still wants to go up after it is up,then thats the problem.
    Good luck.

Jeff

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

That would be the solenoid,sometimes they stick or just plain go bad,simple replacement,pick one up at your local dealer for around $15 and you should be good to go.

4. richardgilmore

Thanks Arc..straw ..you Guys Were Right On..

Heres a good one ...Ive got a 2001 F-350 5.4 ...About a year ago I experiencied battery failure and my tach took a dive and buryied itself all the way to the right...About two days latter I look down and Its working just fine....Well I guess with the voltage drop from the solenoid It happened again...any thoughts...

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry,can't help ya on that one :confused:

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Get a GMC or DODGE.

7. richardgilmore

Can Anyone Help Me Get My Tach Back Up.....

Help......my Tach Has Fallen And It Can't Get Up.....