1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow chevy truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hawkeslandscapi, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Hawkeslandscapi

Hawkeslandscapi Junior Member

My fisher plow with a new cutting edge pro wings and the new intensifiers, Love this truck and plow.

1220111609.jpg

1220111609a.jpg

1220111611.jpg

2. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Truck looks awesome, great shape. What year is it?

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck and plow. What year is it? How well does it handle the 7.5' HD?

4. Hawkeslandscapi

The truck is a 99 chevy silverado 2500, handles the plow with ease, should have bought a bigger plow but I got a great deal on this fisher so the 7.5ft will work for now. The plow is a 03 fisher its in very good condition few small spots of rust but overall very clean.

5. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Looks good! I think you might like the 7.5 with wings better than an 8, as with the wings you have a bit more width and versatility, but if you get a real wet heavy dump you have the luxury of pulling the wings off which will be easier on the truck. Good luck with it!

BTW: Just curious why your plow headlights are mounted opposite of where they should be? (right on left, left on right)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  6. Hawkeslandscapi

Thanks for the comment on the headlights gotta switch them before it snows! mounted them back wards!

7. Hawkeslandscapi

pic taken plowing one of my church's I do during our first plow able snow with my buddy who owns a landscaping company to. He just got his ford f250 diesel

snow plowing 1.jpg

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The Douglas Dynamics plows..now if they were both Chevys...all you need is a Chevy with a Western Ultramount and a Chevy with a new Blizzard to complete that picture.

9. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

How do you like the pro-wings?

10. Hawkeslandscapi

Pro wings are the best make the straight blades so much more efficient!! no more chasing dribbles of snow all over when doing big lots. Wouldn't plow without them now that I got them.

11. Hawkeslandscapi

not a fan of blizzards western and fishers are the only dealers close to me in case I need parts which is very important to me.

12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Nah, I don't either. Out of the Douglas Dynamics plows, I'd probably have to have an 8' Powder Coated Steel Fisher X-Blade

13. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Pro wings area bout 1/4 of what the OEM wings are. I was looking to add the boss wings to one of my Boss plows but theyre about $700. Guess its worth getting the pro-wings first and maybe upgrade later on to teh Boss wings.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Set those Intensifiers up for dual burn and you'll be really impressed.

15. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

What does dual burn mean? If you are talking about running the lows and highs at the same time won't that get the bulb too hot and burn it out? I asked about this in the western section and got no answers.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, lows with highs. I ran that way for a full season with no problems.

17. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

You should move the rubber from your wings in a couple of inches, it increases the life span and "scrapping" ability of them, now the will just fold back in heavy snow or icy conditions and leave a little snow behind, when you move them in a couple of inches the can use the trip edge to stay straight better.

Outside of that, Great looking plow and truck!

18. Hawkeslandscapi

I don't really have a problem back blading with them like I thought, they work better pushing forward obviously. Haven't really noticed any wear on them yet even if they start to wear new pieces of rubber are only thirty bucks on ebay so they are cheap to fix.

19. Hawkeslandscapi

I don't need anymore light with these they are way brighter than the old square lights lmao

20. Hawkeslandscapi

picture of my new truck and my old chevy picked up a 09 chevy silverado 2500hd ext cab black

fleet pic 1.jpg