1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow blowing fuse F1 control on 3 port isolation module

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DeAdZoNe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

The truck is a 2010 gmc 2500, the fisher plow was installed in 2011 by myself, I use this truck as a backup and I have had some problems in the past with it blowing fuses. The fuse that seems to blow is the 10 amp F1 fuse that is under the hood. All the research I can come up with is this is a control fuse. But it only blows randomly, using the plow doesnt seem to trigger the fuse from blowing. Its usually when driving or just being parked. Sometimes it will last hours, days, sometimes minutes. I have literally pulled and twisted every wire, checked grounds, checked the connections at plugs 100 times and now I have an entirely different headgear, a 9' mm2 that is blowing the same exact fuse as the typical 8' setup that usually goes with the truck was blowing, I figured I would try a whole different setup. Looking for thoughts, is this an isolation mod problem? I would say its too much current draw but it like I said it usually when the plow is NOT in operation that I will just suddenly loose power at the fisher stick. trying to get this running for the pending 2-3 feet storm coming! thanks! Also I have tried tapping on the mod and connections with a screw driver, also the mod is not overheating that I can tell, no melted wires, no sign of any damage, and this problem happens so randomly, that sometimes I will fire up truck and have no power right away, other times it could run for hours and then it blows when your pushing a pile.... im stumped!
  2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

was the plow new in 2011 or did you buy it used?