1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow banging noise

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jmal6809, Dec 5, 2015.

1. jmal6809

jmal6809 Junior Member

I have a fisher MM 2. When I move the plow to the left it bangs real hard when it stops. Anything I can do to make it stop without the banging. It move nice and smooth to the right and stops without the banging. Thax John

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

The soft stop feature is part of the control. Try a different control.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the soft stop is when you let off of the button the blade continues on a bit, coasting to a stop. so do you mean it stops right away one direction, and not the other? or are you talking about banging to a stop when you hit the end of the stroke if you don't release the button?

4. jmal6809

jmal6809 Junior Member

When I release the button to stop it bangs hard

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

and that's before the end of the stroke (if you hit the same direction again, it can go farther)? and the other direction it stops smoothly? and this is a multiplex wiring plow (small 4 pin connector)?

6. jmal6809

jmal6809 Junior Member

No it a 6 pin controler

7. jmal6809

jmal6809 Junior Member

Hi all, I have been told that the controller on my fisher controls the soft stop . When I move the plow to the right it stops nice and smooth. When I move it to the left it bangs to a stop when I release the controller switch. Do you think it is my controller Its only 2 years old. Any one else have this problem.

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The soft stop is a function of the controller so I would try another controller just to see if that corrects it. I would also try disabling and then re-enabling the soft stop feature just to see if it's a controller glitch. Soft stop gradually shuts the current off to the valves so that the valve doesn't slam shut. It may be a software thing or it could be a faulty electronic component. Western does give two seasons warranty so maybe if the controller is bad they would replace it....

9. jmal6809

jmal6809 Junior Member

Thank you for the info. How would I disable the soft stop.

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Owners manual, and online.

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Pushing some buttons too.

12. mishnick

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no, the 6 pin controller is not programmable!

14. mishnick

Yes if it's a 6 pin controller then there is no soft stop option. Time to look at the angle ram pins....