1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow angle and lift problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by szxjw3, Feb 6, 2011.

1. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

I have a fisher plow that wont angle or lift. the motor does run. the blade move a little. also I am getting a buzzing noise from the isolation module and the in cab plow control buzzes when I move it into the down float position. Any help would be appreciated.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck do you have? That is the first question.Is the motor running continuously? If the plow won't lift or angle you could have a clogged filter or a worn or damaged pump.Have you checked the connections at the battery cables? Your 1 and 2 solenoids may not be shifting or your Poppet check valve not opening

3. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

battery cables are checked. filter was checked.motor only runs when I move the switch. the truck is a 2006 chevy.Pump is only a year old. stopped working with no other symtoms. Still have buzzing noise in the switch and in the isolation module. ant other ideas?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  4. chevyzrule810

can you try the plow with another truck?

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Had the same problem once. Switching the power wire going to the controller fixed it. It was hooked up in the box where the trailer brake wirng goes It did not like it there. Did the same exact thing on a 2004 chevy.

6. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

I will move the power to a different position. The good news is this morning after keeping it in the barn over night it started to work. I think it might have frozen up. I plan to flush and fill the system today. I broke the rule and did not change it from last year.

7. chevyzrule810

Maybe you have some water in the fluid as well.When you change it make sure you use the fluid in the blue container from fisher and change the pickup filter while your at it.