1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher plow and frame interchange with what?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hangnail, Dec 28, 2008.

1. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

I messed up my plow and frame pretty bad during the last storm, it would need a new a frame and trip edge. so i have been searching for a new used plow and frame. have a few leads, but i was wondering what other plows would interchange.

Its on a conventioal mounted set up, (fixed headgear to the truck)

i know some western and fisher stuff used to be the same, i dont know if thats the case anymore.

does any plow blade and frame swap over?
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

What kinda plow you screw up?
  3. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

7.5 plows ears 23" on center
    8' and bigger are 25" on center ears

any plow that have the same distance your does will work
  4. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

i have an 8' fisher, and have a few leads on some

first i saw that i blew out 2 or thr 3 mounting holes on the frame on the drivers side

than i found a trip spring in my driveway

i thought i had more life on my cutting edge than i did, and wore down the mounts for the trip spring

or they were already worn down once before, and once the cutting edge wore down even, it weakened the mouting pionts

either way, its cheaper and easier to replace the plow and frame with a newer one