1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher plow A-frme mount holes?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vmj, Jan 11, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have a fisher minunte mount 8'6" on my dodge, just put a new cutting edge on. It seams to not scrape down to payment as good as i see other lots. I was wondering if the a-frame should be mounted in the lower of the three holes since it;s mounted in center hole now. Would that make a dif???

Thanks,Jeff

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The a-frame should be level. If it isn't move to the lower holes, or upper if you need to go that way.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Gota wear it in a bit. They dont cut great till you burn down the corner, So if you are doing just driveways it will take a bit. Or you could just could plow a street for 15 mins and sharpen it up

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Probably both pieces of advice are in order. Once you get a decent bevel worn on the blade, check the a frame for level. If the the blade is angled, both ends need to hit the hot top evenly. If anything, you want the end closest to the truck to hit first. That way when you take the weight of the blade off the truck, the truck will move back up and the further end will move down.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

If the plow is older those aframe holes (and pins) could be quite worn and cause the blade to be at the wrong angle also, as could worn front springs. I think I am suffering from both of those this season