1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Plates not fitting my Bronco.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jordy, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Jordy

Jordy Junior Member
    from UT

Here's where I'm at:

Installing Kit 7126B on my 96 Bronco. No, it is NOT the heavy duty front suspension Bronco. Yes, I am installing it anyways. (I'm not looking for counsel to change vehicles, etc.)

What I am wondering, is how these plates should look when mounted? I expected the upper side of the push plate to mate to the lower side of the frame... but it doesn't look like it will. Rather, it looks like it mates strictly on the outside of the frame and at the bumper.

Can anyone confirm or deny these thoughts? Better yet, is there anyone out there who has pix of a MM2 setup on a Bronco?

Thanks.

2. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Fisher website should have install sheet and parts list for that exact set of plates which should have pics/drawings.

3. Jordy

Jordy Junior Member
    from UT

I've got the install sheets. Unfortunately, the diagrams only show the push plates and hardware... So I'm still in the dark a bit as to how it should look when mounted properly to the frame.

4. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Sorry you are right no frame shown. It appears you are right the push plates bolt through the bumper bolts, the sides of the frame, and the only place it bolts to the bottom of the frame is the sway bar bolts.

5. Jordy

Jordy Junior Member
    from UT

And there's my conundrum. It doesn't match my sway bar brackets...