1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher pivot pin??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 07PSDCREW, Nov 4, 2012.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Hey guys. I got a new plow Friday to replace my stolen 8'6". I got it for an excellent deal but I decided today to go through the whole thing and sandblast and paint it pretty. I'm disassembling the whole thing in my garage. I was wondering what I need to use to get the pin out from the main pivot? Its the only thing I can't remove so far...
    [​IMG]

2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

More pix...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

correct size roll pin punch and mini 3-4 lb hammer . mabye some heat and p.b.blaster also and let it soak overnight and then heat up and bang it out of there.

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thank you for the tips...I have some spray and I will soak it good overnight. The wife wanted to go out to dinner so I just wrapped it up after getting stuck there.
    Does anyone know about how much it would cost to have the headgear and mould board sandblasted?? I'm thinking it might be cheaper to have it done rather than buying a sandblaster.

5. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

pivot pin

I'm in the process of doing the same thing (painting). For my pivot pin, I took a step bit and just drilled through each end of that little pin that holds the pivot pin in place. Just make sure not to let the bit cut all the way through to the pivot pin. The metal will thin out and you should be able to bend it back and forth with plyers and cut/hammer it smooth in order to remove the remaining material so the pin will eventually slide out.

6. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

I'm bringing my blade only to ABS up in Salem, Mass to get sandblasted this week. They guy quoted me $160, give or take how good of a job he wanted me to do. I didnt think that was too bad of a price. I was going to have the headgear blasted too, but with paint and materials/new hardware, new lights, i'm running out of money fast so ill probably just prep and paint the headgear myself.

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Ok...so I got the headgear done on my new to me mm2. New headlights coming, replaced pins and cotter pins where needed, all rebuilt, sandblasted and painted, changed fluid and filter. Didn't have time to do the mould board the right way...
    Anyways....the lift ram shoves the lift head all the way up till its just about vertical... I don't think that's right...can anyone tell me? This is the first mm2 I've had. My others I never had this happen. If it needs to be fixed, do I just shorten the chain? Also, since I changed the fluid, when the plow is in the air, I can move it slightly back and forth like there's air trapped in the hydraulics. Will this go away or does it need bleeding? Once again..never had this happen before.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Okay....project finished....almost. Just waiting on the sticker kit from Fisher. It looks a LOT better than it did before....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

More:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this last one I hung the plow over a drop off to get the ram all the way down and turn back and forth to get the air out. This worked for me ....no more sponge feel in the plow.
    [​IMG]

10. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Wow.... no one liked my pictures ehh?

11. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Looks great. Why did you paint the back middle black? To hide grease? And what paint did you use?

12. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks... That's a good question....it's kind of a thing I do...I guess.. My last plow I did the same but only to help hide a patch I put in it. This one didn't need any patches though.
    I used POR15 and rust oleum rusty metal primer, and rust oleum yellow and gloss black. The primer was sprayed three coats, the yellow was brushed and rolled three coats and black was sprayed 3 coats for headgear with a cheap automotive type spray gun. It looks good in person too. Just waiting on stickers to finish it up.
    This is my old plow that was stolen..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. durafish

from 02919

It sucks it got stolen but your new plow is looks much nicer. Did it get stolen at your house.

14. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Storage facility...FROM a 6x10 unit. They left everything else. They cut the lock. They were on camera kinda but can't tell who it is. Storage co insurance provided "some" cash to replace it finally as it was "their" lock that "they" said couldn't be "cut" that I purchased. It was on the invoice as "QTY 1 Tamper proof storage lock". That was the only thing that covered my ass.
    Now the new one will stay home!!

15. durafish

from 02919

Wow that really sucks. Sounds like they knew it was there. I had 5 mm2 at my house and sh*t myself every time I would leave. I locked them up really good. The jack stand, and lock pin on each one. Then a big cable going through them all. My neighbor didn't do a thing and his got stolen. Good area of Johnston too.