1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Pistol Grip Controller

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BigDawg, Feb 5, 2004.

1. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

I have just purchased a Fished pistol grip controller :gunsfiring:. Not that I needed it, but I just had to have it. The seller stated it would work with a Meyer Plow. The controller has a rectangle male plug and so does my Meyer. Is there an adapter for this? You can view a picture of this item on Ebay:
    Item number: 2455324586
    Just so you know what controller I am talking about.
    Thanks

2. kjett

kjett Junior Member

Any controller can be wired to work another manufacturers plow electronics. the trick is you will need to make an adapter (as you know) to connect the two. That particular joystick is called the Fisher "Fishstick" and is a direct plug in for Fisher and Western plows. For your Meyer, you can either snip the end and make up a connector that matches your specific application or re-wire the truck side to match the joystick. I hate to sound elementary , but you only need to have momentary contact closure to send current to the appropriate solenoid(s) to make the plow go in the desired direction.
    :dizzy:

3. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

I was going to do that but I just figured I would see if there is an adapter out there before I wired it wrong and starting frying electronics:yow!: .

4. kjett

kjett Junior Member

To be honest, the best and safest way is to buy a controller from your plow manufacturer. The newer Meyer touchpad looks to be kind of nice, if you are running a newer meyer plow. :angel:

5. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

I just bought a new touch pad, but its just big and balky. The "Fishstick" just looks to be way more comfortable.Face it, if your going to hold something for 10 or 15 hours, you want to be as comfortable as possible. I am no electrcial guru, but, lets face it, if you connect the wires right, the controller does not know if its running a Fisher,Meyer or whatever.

6. kjett

kjett Junior Member

Exactly! :salute: Just pull out the ole wiring diagram for your plow, go to the Fisher website and get the wiring diagram for their plow, and have it at!! Good luck on the wiring swap!

7. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

HEY BIG..........Just for your info. The Fishstick controller has
    a SFE-6 glass tube fuse inside of it. In case it don't work or
    if ya think ya fried something...............geo

8. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and wire it up this afternoon. :dizzy: . I'm glad to hear there is a fuss in there, makes me feel better about trying to wire it.

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

BIG......I found out by accident..I wondered why no in line fuse
    in my Cab Command controller. There was 2 spare fuses in
    my owners packet. Where the heck do these go?

Dealer clueless......At least somebody HERE knew the deal !
    ......LOL......geo

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

can you find an adapter at electrical store or jerry rig something

11. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It will not work guys, the valves in a meyer shift differently than a fischer. you will be trying to shift or unshift valves in the wrong sequences. If it was ment to work, there would have been an adaptor a long time ago.

12. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just wondering, did it work?