1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher pins bending

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by go plow, Aug 30, 2006.

1. go plow

go plow Senior Member

hi all, i have a 02 / 03 fisher 9' on a f-350 4x4 dump.. around this time of year i usually start getting things ready, today i noticed that all my new pins that ive installed last year this time are all bent like horse shoes, last year i replaced the 16'' pivot pin, and all of the ram pins, the pins on the ram that connect to the blade are bent and the ones that are on the A frame are ok, and the pivot pin is completely twisted.. i dont beat on my truck/plow infact i always take it easy.... i could understand if i was hard on it but im not, what could be causing this to happen ? last year i didnt have time to do it myself so i had a fisher dealer work on it for me, they told me that the pins were so bad that they had to torch them off... i checked to see if anything is bent and i really dont see anything wrong... if any one could give me some insight i would appreciate it alot thanks ....
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do you use this truck for salting? If it is loaded when plowing that would be a lot of exta weight when the plow hits the end of the run. One of my drivers bent the A frame on our 9' Western Uni Mount. It always plowed with a load on as it is only 2WD.
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

Pins bending to the point of having to be torched off means that they have been subjected to 10,000psi on them at some point. Slight bowing is considered normal.
  4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I would say that you are either hitting something, have hit something to the point where it has compromised a weld, or the plow frame is not lining up for some reason. JMO.
  5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

That's the hazzards of plowing. They usually will get pretty distorted but not break I wouldn't worry about it.