1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher part # needed for MM2 fitting adaptor

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SKYNYRD, Jan 25, 2009.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

last winter i purchased fitting adapters that are fishers MM2 9/16 O-ring male x old style 1/4 male. does anyone know the fisher part # for these? i can't find what i did with the number and the dealer is clueless without it even though i had gotten them just last year :confused:

even if i don't get the number if someone can tell me what kind of thread the 9/16 end is i can try to look something up on-line. i know the 1/4 end is pipe thread. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks:salute:

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

found it :)

Replacement Fisher Snowplow Adapter 1/4 NPT- 9/16" O-Ring Replaces Fisher part# 3058

sure wish i could have found it before i made my post:eek:

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

This will allow the mounting of "MM1" style hose connections to the pump, correct?

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

I'm not sure what a mm1 setup uses but, Ibelieve it does. I know it converts the mm2 to the conventional style which allows the use of the old 1/4" npt hoses along with the quick disconects.

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

OK, that's what I want. Have a Insta-act pump and want to use my conventional/Speedcast hoses. But my hoses have male ends, and that fitting is male/male. Do you thread something else on the end besides the hose?

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

We threaded the quick disconnects on there however we once had a swivel connector (for lack of a better word) with the 9/16 on one end and the 1/4 pipe on the other. I can't recall what the thread style is exactly but for some reason jtc is popping in my head

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

not the greatest picture by any means but, i placed one of our extra's on top of the pump to give you an idea what ours looks like. the other advantage to these adaptor fittings is they also allow someone to use the mm2 pistons on their conventional setups if needed

plow fitting.jpg

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Looked it up online, and found the part # I need to be 56724. This is -6 (9/16") male with o-ring, 45* bend to 1/4" NPT female swivel. This will let me hook up directly to my Speedcast hoses/rams. Only downside is price - $28 out the door for two! Hopefully that will help someone else using the search function in the future.

If you want to keep your quick disconnects, part # 3058 as posted above will work as it has a 1/4" NPT male.

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

realized after i posted the picture that the extra i show is not a fisher item to my knowledge. it does work as it has the correct 9/16 JIC threads on the male end and, 1/4 NPT on the female. It was an ebay find a few years ago. Thanks JFon101231 for questioning me on that yesterday and, making me take a closer look.

10. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Go to Fisher's website and put in 26199 in the search box in the esearch option, this piece of literature has a good showing and part numbers for the hose fittings.

11. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Just sending TTT as this thread and the reference that Buddyman threw out has come in handy again!