1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Paint

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JustinD, Feb 18, 2010.

1. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I want to paint the face of my plow, I guess they make 2 types of paint, a laquer and an enamel, I was told the MM2's are the laquer???? Seems like most places sell the enamel, is the MM2 in fact the laquer paint? And where can I get it?

2. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

you can buy stock paint from any fisher dealer. they sell it by the quart, gallon and in shaker cans.

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i just go to tractor supply and get a gallon off caution yellow i think it is or cub cadet yellow, look at those colors they match really well... ive had good luck using them....

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

5490Y for the Gallon or 5492Y for the Quart. 2 quarts is more then enough to do the whole blade.

5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Are those the laquer paint? Or enamel?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'm almost positive that the enamel / lacquer is only an option via the spray bomb cans. I'll look when I get home tonight to be sure, but there is NO option when it comes to buying the actual paint. Your only option is quantity.

Are you doing a complete overhaul, or are you just touching up a few scratches?

7. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Just touching up the face.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Spray bomb is best (although I had my own reservations at first as well). when you go to pick it up the cans will say something like "For Storm Guard" or "For powder coated plows".....It's marked right on it. If I had to guess it's the enamel paint....but I'm not certain.

TIP: Spray a good amount into the cap, then use a artist brush to apply it. It will go on in a much thicker consistency without having to apply multiple coats to the same area with an un controllable spray nozzle. Comes out quite nice actually.

9. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Thanks Ryan!!!

10. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I have to paint my Fisher Straight blade; ever year and found a Sherman Williams industrial enamel that was a standard color for them . I think it was called "Safety Yellow" and it is so darn close to that Fisher Yellow it is almost impossible to tell the difference and it was about half price from memory???? There is some dude on ebay that sells the decals for cheap and the darn thing looks like new again!

11. skycop45acp

skycop45acp Junior Member

I would like to completly re paint my entire plow. what should i use? i have some rust not rusted threw. I was planning on hitting with the wire wheel or sand blasting it. Can i get away with using that tractor suppy or sherman williams paint listed above. of should i use fisher paint or get it poweder coated? I would like it to last and keep the cost down.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

If your bringing it back down to bare metal, I wouldn't bother with the one off paint. In fact I would have it powder coated if at all possible. No matter what you choose, it's all in the prep. Don't take shortcuts or rush through it.

13. skycop45acp

skycop45acp Junior Member

this will make a nice spring project. I will repaint it all.

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

15. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Thanks man!!!!!

16. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

You did a real nice job with that MM1, basically a new plow. Nice work :cool:

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

No problem bud.

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks, I enjoyed doing it. It came out real nice.

19. RepoMan207

from Maine