1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher or Blizzard?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by northeastrealty, Nov 8, 2009.

1. northeastrealty

northeastrealty Member

Hey everyone, I am new on here. Love all the info this site has to offer. Ive been plowing for years, but have always worked for others, I am attempting to go on my own the next few seasons to see what happens. I have a 99 F350 Reg cab V-10 with fisher 8ft, 2002 F250 excab 5.4v8 with 8ft fisher, and just bought a 2004 F250 crewcab diesel. Now I want to put a plow on this newer truck, I have always owned Fisher plows, but the cost is rediculous this late in the season. Not to mention I was told that Fishher can only put on a 7.6hd blade on this truck not a 8ft? Truck was a Florida truck, not sure if plow prep is on it either. Blizzard expensive?
    Thanks (sorry about the long thread)

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Not sure, but are you trying to get opinions/pricing on blizzard 810's compared to Fisher XLS's?... if so there are tons of threads with opinions of both. Check out the search feature, it works pretty good.
  3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Just my 2cents i would stick with the fisher. I like fishers always been a good plow.

I really dont know anything about blizzard to say anything good or bad.
  4. northeastrealty

northeastrealty Member

Thanks mackman, same here, I called 2 major fisher dealers in my area and they are saying the frontend can't handle the wait of the diesel and plow. I know the truck can handle it I had one once before, maybe cuz it's a crewcab???, thanks again
  5. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Buy it cash and carry and put it on your self. Or if you cant im sure somebody will for you.
  6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Stick with what you know. Or with the dealer with the best service close to you. As for what the dealer or factory say's, buy what you want and put it on yourself, that what i am doing for my excursion. They all say 7.5 or 7.6 because of the engine, there are plenty of guy's running your truck with bigger than 8' on
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should put an 8' Fisher on it IMO. They said you can only put a 7.5' on t becouse it's a dieslel. But lots of guy's with F-250 diesels have 8' and bigger plows on them. I know a guy with a 2006 Dodge 2500 diesel and he has a 9.5' Xtreme V on it.
  8. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

I was told the same thing. Ended up ordering and installing myself took a full day to install.
    I am running the 9.5 extreme v stainless on my 2001 dodge 2500 diesel ext cab short bed upgraded front springs to heavier rated load capacity they also raised front end 11/2". Only had it on one season but so far the fisher plow shows more wear and tear than the truck.