1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher occuring problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nor'easter1, Apr 6, 2003.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Well put the plow back on again for what looks like a very good snow event. problem that occurs with my 71/2 97 mm is when plow is raised i can angle it fully to the right but when i try and angle all the way back to the left it gets stuck in the middle and wont go. I have to lower it then raise then it will angle to the left. Seems over time this occurs more frequently especially when i have been plowing for several hours. I change fluid annually as well as check fluid before every storm, the hoses are in good shape as well as I grease the connectors after each use. What could be the cause of this problem, love to fix it before the fun starts on monday

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Nor'easter,

One of two problems come to mind. The first is the control plug connection at the front of the truck. You can check to see if this is the problem by having someone operate the control and when it gets to the stop point wiggle the plug while they are holding the control in the left angle position. It can be the plug or the wires into the control box. Movement of the plow causes the plug to move also. Fisher and Western have a clip to help hold them together.

The other problem that comes to mind is a valve hanging. Don't have my book in front of me but If I remember two valves to move right and one to move left. You could give me a call at the shop later today 1:00 p.m. eastern time and I can help you diagnose the valves if that's where you get to.

Most of them end up being the plugs though.

Jerre

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Check the slack from your lift chain,it dangles right down around your A-frame and the back of your blade,alot of times the chain gets wedged between the aframe and blade and stops it dead in its tracks,dropping the blade quickly usually bounces it loose.Run a bunjy cord from the headgear to the chain to keep it up,not to tight,just to keep tension on the chain.I see this quite often.You can have someone run the plow left and right whuile you watch near the A-frame and you will probably see the chain bind.

4. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

ARC thank you just went outside and sure enough the extra chain binded up. I just changed the amount of tension on the carrying chain which seemed to free it up. makes sense because i always get the juice to move the blade but it did not want to move. Go figure a chain can stop a hydro pump moving a 750 pound piece of steel. Also checked connectors and they are a snug fit. A thousand thanks this site is beyond helpful for those of us in the trade.

5. Arc Burn

Glad to help,I knew Jerre would head straight to the technical stuff(I dare say he is one of the most knowledgable plow mechanics here)so knowing that i went for the gimmie,i've seen it dozens of times.I don't believe there is a question out there that can't be answered on this forum:waving:

6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

:D I beg to differ Arc...How about questions on women? If they can be answered here too, then this site is better than I thought! Mike :D

7. Jerre Heyer

There goes Mike bumping up that post count again....LOL

Arc. I just figured he had already looked for the easy stuff and hit on the less than obvious.

Good thing is he's back up and running.

Guess I should get mine on the rain is starting and it's to change to snow soon.
    Looks like I'll get a chance to try the sidewing again.
    Jerre

8. Arc Burn

Hey Jerre,you gonna sell those side wings?Are you getting any attention from the one you mounted on your truck?

9. Jerre Heyer

Arc, Working on selling them currently. Got a couple left from the one's I got in. Let me know if you want to get hooked up.

Been doing demo's and attention is not the word. The comment I'm really laughing about is " There Jerre goes again" and "what's that used for?" follows a close second.

Jerre