1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher obsolete?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dellden, Dec 23, 2008.

1. dellden

dellden Junior Member

i have a minute mount on a f350. i'm selling the truck and keeping the plow. i bought a 2005 f 150 and want to fit the plow to it. a fisher dealer told me to sell the plow, there is no way to configure this plow to the truck because of the wiring and pushplates. the plow is in great shape i know its heavy but for a driveway or two i,m sure it will be fine. do i have to buy a new set up or am i being mislead. it doesn't make sense to me that there is no way to adapt this plow to this truck. any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:
  2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

The dealer is likely correct that you shouldn't put the plow on the F-150. I assume it's at least an 8 footer, since its on an F-350. Fisher generally recommends the Homesteader for most F-150's, due to the front GVW rating. Certain packages on the F-150 allow a 7.5SD plow, which uses the "normal" minute mount pushplates. http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/64464.01_081005.pdf

Can it be done? Probably.
    Will your local dealer advise it or have anything to do with it? Probably not.
  3. dellden

dellden Junior Member

i realize that the plow, 7.5 is heavy. however,i can buy a lighter weight plow blade. my question is the wiring/hydraulics it seems to me that there should be a way to hook up this system to this truck. it just doesn't make sense that i have to buy a new system when i have one in perfectly good condition.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fisher has a mount for that truck, but not for your plow. Your only hope of installing that on your F150 is using the print of your trucks proper mount to give you an idea on how to build and mount a custom mount for your truck. No legitimate dealer or any installer for that matter will do the job, though if you look you could find someone egotistical, or money hungry enough to do the job on you. So if you want to spend a lot of money to destroy your truck there's the path to travel.
  5. sugarhillctd

sugarhillctd Junior Member
    from NH

You might find a dealer that sells used plows. Trade yours in and buy another used one.

Just a suggestion.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Why are you trading in a one ton for a 1/2 ton that can hardly handle a plow? :dizzy:
  7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

The mount, wiring and control box will be different for that truck. I went from a 2002 f150 to a 2007 1500 and had to purchase a new control module, wiring harness and mount!
  8. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

If the F-350 has a 3-plug setup, the control harness, battery harness, and solenoid will be compatible. The headlamp harnesses may be different if the headlamp bulbs are different between the 2 trucks. If both trucks have, for an example, H13 headlight bulbs, the headlamp wiring should swap over also. If not, you'll need to change the headlamp wiring harness(es). The isolation module may be different also.